Picking Up Student Belongings at Pearson’s Corner Elementary:
Thank you for your patience and support during this “Learn From Home” time. While none of us expected the school year to end this way, we have finalized plans for you to pick up your students’ belongings and drop off school resources. Soon, our staff will be returning to the building to pack up your child’s belongings, including contents of their desk, spring pictures, yearbooks, artwork and other miscellaneous items left on 3/13/20.
Considering the most current recommendations from Governor Northam and the Virginia Department of Health, we have developed a drive through plan, limiting personal contact to keep everyone safe. We do ask that you wear a mask while communicating with staff from your vehicle. The following schedule and plan will allow for us to use our parking lot and bus loop in an orderly, safe manner preventing a backup of traffic on New Ashcake Road.
|6/4/20 7:30a-11:30a||Grade 4 and
12:30p – 4:30p
|Grade 3 and
|6/5/20 7:30a-11:30a||Grade 2 and
12:30p – 4:30p
10a – 2p
|Kindergarten & Pre-K and those who couldn’t make it earlier.||6/9/20 5p-8p
*As scheduled by class.
|ONLY 5th Grade|
- Vehicles should enter through the “Parent Drop Off Lot” entrance and proceed to the bus loop.
- Staff will radio arrival and a runner will pick up student belongings.
- Vehicles will proceed through the bus loop and drop off school supplies such as library books, classroom resources and other miscellaneous items.
- Vehicles will then pull into the main parking lot to receive student belongings from the runner.
- Vehicles will then exit the parking lot at the far exit.
*Parents of multiple Panthers (PK-4) may pick up all materials during the oldest Panther PK-4 time slot.
**Only 5th grade supplies will be given out during the promotion parade/pick up on 6/9/20.
***If you are unable to come during the 6/4 – 6/9 window, please let us know and we can make an appointment.